Monday 19 November 2012

Diwali.


My OOTDs for Diwali this year.
I was suppose to wear a third saree, but got lazy hehe :)


Diwali started off with prayers for my late mother on the eve.
Despite missing my mum, it started off well with my mum's side of the family :)



Diwali morning was a rush for all of us to get ready since there were three young ladies wearing sarees this year and the guys were all getting really impatient -.-

Spent the day visiting houses and consuming lots of Indian food & alcohol :)



Wednesday night at my aunties house :)
I love my kids.


Friday night was my open house.
We contemplated on whether we should throw one since it would be our first time without my mum (who was the main party planner). We decided that it's a tradition she would've wanted us to continue.

I'd say we faired well :) 



Ben's only not-so-failed artistic shot.




   Happy birthday Arthur! :)
You did not leave my house drunk enough, but it's okay.



My guests for the night :)


Saturday night ended the week of events with a family friends open house :)


Instead of a saree I wore a maxi dress my mother got for me in 2010.
Which I finally had a chance to wear! :)


I definitely had a great Diwali this year :) Mostly because of my wonderful family plus I definitely had fun dressing up and going back to my Indian roots! :)

Now, to start my detox.

2 comments:

  1. you and nisha look absolutely stunning leenna :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you babe :D wished you were around during your open house!

      Delete