Wednesday 23 January 2013

January recap!

Busy busy busy! but here I am updating instead of doing an assignment.

So January has been rather packed and interesting. Trying to spend as much time with my Aussie-bound friends before they head back (though half of them already have boo!). Started the second year of my Bachelor of Psychology degree @ HELP and classes have been pretty alright. Taking child abuse as an elective so that's gonna be eye opening and a little hard to swallow. Still haven't stepped foot in the gym this year (I can see Hazel rolling her eyes) and oh, I am officially 100% single after a 5 year roller coaster ride. Sounds like a complete 180 from my new years post but well, it is definitely for the best :)

Besides that, my sister turned 16 on the 6th. I can't believe she's all grown up. So thankful she's not one of those rebellious teens so eager to grow up :') Anyway, we threw her a sweet 16 party at Tropicana's ballroom last Friday. It was a pretty fun night with my huge huge huge family and I surprisingly managed to knock down 8 glasses of white wine and still walk in my 5inch Steve Maddens. What? :p It takes skills.


Tried to pull off a slightly edgy look with the studs & bangs.


Nothing can compare to the love of family.

Besides that, it's been constant cravings and making my tummy happy :)


SS3 pork mee @ Kean Fatt.
I've always ate mine with kuey teow but I tried the meehoon and I think I like that better.
Is it weird that I like pork intestines? Hahaha. Liver is gross, though.


The creators of a bowl of porky goodness.
I went on a weekday at 11 so I only had to wait 20 minutes for my bowl :)


1) I love Fatty Crab for their amazing chicken wings. I can skip the crab :p
2) PANMEEEE. Been a loyal Super Kitchen customer, need to try Kin Kin soon.



Tried out Milk & Butter @ Telawi.
The food was a bit of a disappointment & I doubt I'll head back there.
Shall stick to The Red Beanbag for awesome western brunches!


1) Halal hokkien mee @ Penang Street. I love the sweetness of the sauce.
2) Fusion food @ Wondermama! Definitely heading back there to try out more of their interesting menu.


1) Mahalo burger @ Fat Boys. nomnomnom.
2) My typical dimsum must haves from Jin Xuan, DJ.
If you want dimsum through out the day, this is your place! Opens until 11pm :)

On a side note, I'm performing a set @ Saints bar, The Strand on Saturday night around 10pm.

Set list:
All Too Well - T.Swift.
Red - T.Swift.
I Knew You Were Trouble - T.Swift.
Valerie - Amy Winehouse
The Only Exception - Paramore.
Titanium - Guetta.
Try - Pink
Heaven - Bryan Adams
The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson
Use Somebody - Pixie Lott

If you like those songs (or even if you don't), stop by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment