Wednesday 10 October 2012

Early birthday surprise!

About 3 weeks ago, Ben told me she would be kidnapping me near my birthday. So when the day came (which was on Monday the 8th) I just assumed we were going for tea somewhere nice and put on a summer dress because the weather was amazing (rare in Malaysia).


I'd like to believe I was a very obedient victim because I didn't ask any questions during the car ride. That was until we reached Phileo Damansara and I was like "what the hell could be over here?

All Ben & Rie would say to me was "you'll never guess it". My eyes were closed all the way up the lift and they guided me into a strange, unfamiliar office space where I heard a man's voice. At this point I was completely lost and had no clue what they were trying to pull off.

My phone rang and I was told to answer it. I swear, I can't explain the surprise and confusion when I opened my eyes to a recording studio and Lih Wen on the phone.

"Omg, what?! What?! Wait why is Wen otp?" (I didn't know which to deal with first)
"What! Why can't I be otp? Huh huh huh?"

That's when I put the pieces together and realized it was her idea. How blessed am I to have a friend who takes the effort to surprise me all the way from Sydney? Even more so with something so heartfelt and supportive (okay, I can cry again now).


This is me. Surprised + laughing + crying.

She had it all planned out and I was to sing Brighter Than The Sun by Colbie Caillat. You see, over the past few weeks she had been pestering me to try singing some of her favorite songs and see if I liked singing it. She told me it was because she wanted me to make a cover of it for her (now it all makes sense, sneaky sneaky girl). Knowing I would probably take forever to actually make one, I guess she just decided to take matters into her own hands haha!


I had so much fun recording the song. What an amazing experience and I can finally cross it off my bucket list! Also, definitely something I would like to do again in the near future especially with the amazing response I have been getting from people. So so so overwhelming :')

 Picture credit to Marie Lim.

Of course, none of this could've happened without her little minions.
I have the best friends ever. Everybody should be jealous. BE JEALOUS.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment