Saturday 13 October 2012

Redbox @ The Curve & Oriental Cravings.


Felt like dressing up so I threw on my H&M blazer & new Aldo heels (which were so crazily uncomfortable I felt like I spent RM250 just to feel PAIN).


Awhile back I got the message above and since my friends and I love to karaoke, we jumped at the opportunity. The terms is that it's free for only one person (birthday girl/boy). The usual price on weekdays for 8-11pm is RM42++ per person. Split by 3 people it only comes up to RM28++ per person (including a free buffet and 2 free drinks). Oh, by the end of the night they extended our session by another 3 hours for free. So in my opinion, totally worth it! ;)

 

The spread was quite wide but the taste and quality was, to no surprise, on the down side. However, us being the greedy pigs that we are (we had just had dinner btw) decided that "HEY, it's free! Lets screw our diets and eat just because it is FREE". We have no shame.


Well at least the tofu & sushi were pretty alright.  


Hahahahahahaha I do not remember what song she was singing to but she was really into it :p


Typical angst-y face.
She's evil. This is the look she always gives innocent babies & scares them!


Totally in the zone guys. 

As always, had a great time singing my lungs out with my favorite people :) Nothing like some S-Club 7, Backstreet Boys and A1 to relive our younger days! Honestly, not many people should be allowed to see us "in the zone" - especially when we're "rapping" to Nicki Minaj.

After a good Yoga class the following day, Aunty Doreen (Ben's mum) invited us over to her restaurant, Oriental Cravings in One Utama, for a free meal. I love birthdays. Free stuff everywhere! :D


Egg fu yong, oat prawns (SO GOOD) & Aunty D gave us a special chicken dish. 


It's called BB chicken and it's not in the menu. Only the head chef knows how to cook it.
IT WAS AMAZING. All three of us (Hazel, Marie & I) loved it! Yay to being special!


I omitted rice because of my diet but I couldn't resist a bowl of cendol (I know, I fail).
So worth it though, so so so worth it.

I've been to Oriental Cravings numerous of times and their dishes are always of top quality. I strongly doubt Aunty D would ever ever let it be anything otherwise :) So go try it out! You might be able to catch Ben on the job as well ;)

Birthday weekend! Let's see how it turns out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment