Friday 19 October 2012

Yakitori-Do & Just Heavenly Cafe #2.

After reading about Yakitori-Do on eatdrinkkl, and seeing all the mentaiko dishes that they had, I knew I just haaaaaad to give it a try. Good thing I did :) You should note you can't get your usual sashimi and sushi here though.


The ambiance was very nice albeit rather small.


Starters were cabbage with japanese mayo (or what I assume it to be).


 A nice light beer to go with our Japanese meal :)


Mentaiko Cream Udon RM21.90.
BEST MENTAIKO PASTA HANDS DOWN! The udon was slurp worthy and the sauce was just the right thickness and taste was spot on.


Potato with Mentaiko RM 3.90.
A very subtle but yummy taste :D


Omusubi RM 4.90. 
This was the least favorite as there was way too much rice for the little amount of mentaiko in the middle.


Wagyu Beef Yakitori RM 9.80 (per stick). 
The marinade was really good but the meat wasn't wagyu standards.

After a satisfying and very reasonably priced dinner we decided to give in to our sweet tooth. Alwin told me that Vin's recently revamped their menu and added in creme brûlée (MY FAVORITE DESSERT) so we headed there to check it out :)


Sadly, it was disappointing. It was too eggy and cold at the bottom! :(

But the Chocolate Truffle Cake made up for it. Just check out the gooey chocolate!

What a satisfying dinner :) However, my 3 days straight of gym-ing went straight down the drain. Whatever, still worth it! Today, we headed back to Just Heavenly Cafe for round two of their awesome menu :D



Detox Salad RM22.00
A light, tangy salad of organic quinoa taboule, roasted mediterranean vegetables, red onions and our greek yoghurt. 

SO GOOD.


Grilled Nutella and Banana Sandwich RM12.00
A generous slice of sourdough toasted with cinnamon topped with nutella, bananas, crushed hazelnuts and a drizzle of orange reduction.

A good rendition of our favorite nutella and banana sandwiches :)


Quiche Lorraine RM16.00
A traditional french dish filled with beef brisket slices, onion and cheese baked for perfection in a shortcrust shell.

Cheesy goodness :)


Good Morning Vermont RM12.00
A stack of freshly made ricotta hotcakes with a side of pure canadian maple syrup and butter.

My sister basically poured the whole jug of maple syrup on it and YET it wasn't very sweet. Not that I'm complaining since I don't really fancy super sweet stuff :)


Death By Chocolate RM12.00.
Too bitter for my chocolate liking.


Key Lime Pie RM12.00
Tropicana ice cream lovers should totally try this! :)

Sigh, I love my food.
Procrastinating on blogging about my birthday weekend. Soon! I now have midsems to study for.

No comments:

Post a Comment